Forums » News and Announcements

on getting Trinidad all ou

• February 14, 2020 6:42 AM EET

PHILADELPHIA -- Bronson Arroyo has these Philadelphia Phillies all figured out. Stitched Red Wings Jerseys . Arroyo pitched five-hit ball over 7 2-3 innings, Joey Votto was 4 for 4 with a homer, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Phillies 10-0 Saturday. Arroyo (4-4) struck out six and allowed one runner to reach third in winning his third straight start against Philadelphia. He was 1-7 in his first 10 games against the Phillies, but is 3-0 with a 1.52 ERA in three starts against them since last Aug. 22. "This game is so funny," Arroyo said. "One pitch can surely change things. Ive been able to keep their power guys quiet so thats helped." Votto had a two-run shot and walked twice to reach safely six times. Ryan Hanigan hit a three-run homer. "Im trying to see the ball as long as possible and direct it where I want it," Votto said. Kyle Kendrick (4-2) gave up four runs and eight hits with a season-high four walks in six innings. Kendrick hadnt allowed more than two runs in his previous seven starts. Cincinnati won for the seventh time in its past eight games and improved to 4-1 against the Phillies this year. Arroyo entered with a 6.00 career ERA against the Phillies, including a 9.60 ERA in three starts at Citizens Bank Park. "We used to hit him good," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said. "The last three times, hes pitched us the same. Hes pitched us backwards, slow hooks and change-ups. Hes given us fits." Todd Frazier led off the second with an infield single, snapping an 0-for-19 slump. Donald Lutz followed with a single. Then Hanigan connected for his first extra-base hit of the season, giving the Reds a 3-0 lead. Hanigan had eight singles in 54 at-bats before taking Kendrick deep to left. Hanigan was hit by a pitch leading off the sixth. He advanced on a sacrifice and scored on Zack Cozarts two-out double to right to make it 4-0. The Reds added four runs off three relievers in the eighth. Votto hit one out in the ninth. Arroyo didnt need all that support. He baffled hitters with his assortment of slow stuff, occasionally mixing a fastball with his mid-70s off-speed pitches. "Arroyo pitched masterfully," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "It was still close before our offence exploded at the end." The Phillies have been shut out six times in 43 games, matching their total from all of last season. "They say the game builds character," Manuel said. "I dont know about building, but it definitely reveals it." For Kendrick, it was his worst outing since allowing five runs in Philadelphias home opener. Kendrick has been Philadelphias most consistent starter this season, posting a 2.82 ERA and outperforming Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay. Since returning to the rotation last August, Kendrick is 11-6 with a 3.02 ERA in 21 starts. "My command wasnt good and I fell behind a lot," Kendrick said. "It was a tough day all around." NOTES: Carlos Zambrano had five strikeouts in two innings in his first appearance in an extended spring training game since the three-time All-Star signed a minor league deal with the Phillies. ... Injured Phillies LHP John Lannan threw a bullpen session and is expected to throw again Monday. ... Reds RF Jay Bruce extended his hitting streak to nine games. ... The Reds optioned LHP Tony Cingrani to Triple-A Louisville and recalled INF Neftali Soto. ... Phillies CF John Mayberry Jr. struck out swinging four times. ... Reds third base coach Chris Speier got cheers for planting a kiss on the Phillie Phanatic while the furry green mascot was pretending to be Alicia Keys singing "Girl on Fire" before the sixth inning. ... Homer Bailey (2-3, 3.51 ERA) opposes Philadelphias Jonathan Pettibone (3-0, 3.41 ERA) in the series finale Sunday afternoon.Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Fake Red Wings Jerseys . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. https://www.cheapredwings.com/ ;. The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Nikita Miller, the Jamaica captain, has said he was more focused on securing victory for his side rather than gaining a record 10-wicket innings haul against Trinidad & Tobago in the recently concluded fourth round of the WICB Regional Four-Day Tournament.Millers figures of 9 for 41 in T&Ts second innings were the best in West Indies domestic history. He became only the sixth bowler to claim nine in an innings in recorded West Indies first-class statistics since 1966. My reaction was quite normal and wasnt overly excited to be honest, Miller told ESPNcricinfo. I didnt know at the time it was the best, since I knew Bishoo had taken nine wickets a couple of seasons ago, so I was just glad it was accomplished in a winning team effort.Miller took the first nine wickets of T&Ts innings, before the legspinner Damion Jacobs had Roshon Primus lbw to deny him the honour of being the first West Indian to take all ten in an innings. Miller says the feat wasnt on his mind, in the heat of the moment.Leaving the field some fans asked me why I didnt push to get all 10, but really as captain I was mainly focused on getting Trinidad all out, he said. There was many points at other end when the batsmen were scoring freely, so even while bowling and I didnt even celebrate the ninth wicket, I was thinking about bowling options, field placements for next bowler and over.During West Indies decline over the last 20 years or so, there has been a long-standing debate over the standard of domestic ccricket in the Caribbean. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys. The pitches have tended not to help the fast bowlers, which has meant spinners such as Miller have always among the leading wicket-takers. Some believe the success of spinners reflects how poorly Caribbean batsmen have tended to play slow bowling.In the case of Miller, who has an outstanding first-class record - 428 wickets in 84 matches at an astounding average of 16.64 - and was a major player in Jamaica winning six first-class titles between 2007 and 2014, those aforementioned reasons have probably played a part in the last three West Indies chairmen of selectors - Clyde Butts, Clive Lloyd and Courtney Browne - ignoring him for Test cricket.If called up to do a job [by West Indies], will do to best of ability - but my mind is not really on it, Miller said. The one thing Id say about criticism of whether I could replicate my domestic performances at Test level, and can only speak for myself - I have played in A team cricket in 2013 versus India and Sri Lanka, playing against guys like [Virender] Sehwag, [Gautam] Gambhir, [Cheteshwar] Pujara, Yuvraj [Singh] and got five-wicket hauls and was the leading West Indies A wicket-taker.Yes, the standard (of West Indies domestic cricket) could improve to another level, but if it was I believe Id still do well, because if youre good, you perform despite the standard. ' ' '